Water storage is one of the key things that people overlook, and it is even more daunting in today’s world where water is considered a precious commodity. Water storage is a vast term that refers to the upkeep of both potable water for consumption, and non-potable water for uses such as irrigation in agricultural practice. In both developing countries and developed countries found in tropical climates, there is a need to store water during seasons without rainfall. In agricultural water storage, water is kept for later use in natural water reserves, such as soil water, wetlands, artificial ponds, large water storage tanks, or water storage containers and reservoirs behind major dams.
There are some common mistakes that one should avoid when it comes to storing water in water storage tanks:
- First, just because the water is colorless and clear, it doesn’t mean that it’s safe to drink. Most contaminants are colorless and may prove to be fatal if they are overlooked.
- Storing water in anything besides food-grade water storage containers is a bad idea. So, one should look for ISO and FDA approval for water tanks before purchase.
- One should not store water in containers that have previously been used to store other items. Proper cleaning is always a requirement when reusing a container for water storage.
- Storing of water in metallic containers other than stainless steel should always be avoided as other metals will corrode, and the water stored won’t be fit for use any longer.
- Storing water in something that cannot be sealed should be avoided as water will be exposed to foreign elements like dirt, winds, and animals.
- Replacing water in the water container is also a necessary step that one should take as there is always a chance that water might get contaminated after a while even if it is stored in an idle place.
Large water tanks are one of the more popular choices by which people choose to store water for their daily requirements, and while there is nothing wrong with having a water tank as a means of water storage, its upkeep is something that people seldom worry about and that is what may cost them in the long run.
Stored water poses a variety of potential problems regardless of the water’s intended purpose. Some of the issues include contamination through organic or inorganic means. If a water container or tanker is contaminated, steps should be taken to improve its condition if it is still intact. Additionally, it is also recommended that water storage tanks in use for longer periods of time be cleaned annually for the best possible results.
Renowned as one of the leading water tank manufacturers of the country, Sheetal Tanks have a seamless finish, hygienic construction, multilayer choice and protection from algae. Their water storage tanks are built from 100% HDPE which is UV stabilized and some are even FDA approved. They are durable with multiple layers of protective insulation which will withstand the harshest of weather conditions. They are available in numerous fittings, finishes, sizes, and shapes.