Introduction – Water Storage System
“Water is the most critical resource issue of our lifetime and our children’s lifetime. The health of our waters is the principal measure of how we live on the land.” – Luna Leopold
The above quotation rightly explains the importance of water in our lives. And when you think about it, you will realize that a water storage tank is equally critical in meeting our daily requirements for water. That is why all households as well as industrial units should invest in a pvc water tank that is of the right size, holds an adequate amount of water and is made of good quality, sturdy material.
In this blog, we shall discuss the 7 things that you should remember while buying a water storage tank.
Tips to be considered before buying water tank
From its capacity to the material used, from the color to the shape – several things have to be kept in mind while purchasing water storage tanks:
- Capacity: When it comes to water storage, the first thing you should consider is the capacity of the water tank. This entirely depends on the number of people using water for all their daily needs such as drinking, cooking, cleaning and washing. A per Indian Standard code, 135 liters is needed for daily use per person per day. This means that for a typical family of 4 members, the total water requirement is 650 liters per day. Thus, for a household of 4 members, a small plastic water tank will suffice. On the other hand, large apartments and housing complexes, where hundreds of people live, should always opt for large plastic water tanks.
- Durability: The quality of the material is equally important as the water tanks should be sturdy enough to withstand the changes of temperature and weather conditions, and be safe enough so that the water stored can be used for drinking purposes as well. At the Sheetal Group, we make water containers that are made from high-quality material that is both durable and safe. The materials that we use include High-Density Polyethylene (HDPE) and Linear Low-Density Polyethylene (LLDPE).
- Installation: Whether the tank is installed at the ground level or on the top of a building influences the water pressure, which in turn, can affect the supply of water. Overhead tanks are usually purchased to take care of the daily water requirements. On the other hand, underground tanks or tanks placed on the ground level, allow the storage of emergency water for use if there are problems in the supply of municipal water due to water scarcity.
- Color: When it comes to water storage system, color plays an important role in the prevention of algae formation. This is because light-colored plastic water tanks may allow the passage of sunlight, thereby leading to the growth of algae. That is why we have a range of black water tanks that do not allow the passage of sunlight, thereby preventing the formation of algae and other micro-organisms.
- Water quality: Drinking water storage tanks should be made with a toxin-free plastic material that is considered to be safe for water storage. Although in most cities, water is treated and most households have reverse-osmosis purifiers, it is still judicious to invest in a good storage tank that is safe to store drinking water. Sheetal’s white tank are made from 100% virgin material that is FDA compliant.
- Shape: Water tanks come in a variety of shapes – square, cylindrical, rectangular and spherical. While you are free to choose any tank you like, your choice should ideally be based on the amount of space where the tank is supposed to be placed. Rectangular and square tanks can fit in corners and make the optimum use of space. On the other hand, for large areas, cylindrical tanks are the best.
- Aesthetics: While renovating homes as well as constructing new ones, the architects have a specific vision in their mind with regard to the look of the home. Our white tanks are a perfect fit for aesthetically adding to the beauty of the structure.
From this blog, we understand that while buying a water storage tank, you should keep in mind a range of factors. These include capacity, quality, color, shape and other parameters. The Sheetal Group is one of the best water tank manufacturers and suppliers in India.
Our team of highly experienced engineers and professionals use high-grade components and industry standards in the creation of superior water storage systems. We ensure durable and reliable water storage solutions for domestic, industrial and agricultural applications.